TERMS & CONDITIONS
How to Book
We require the reservation form below to be completed and the required non-refundable 30% deposit to confirm your booking.
- Final payment is due 8 weeks prior to departure. On receipt of this, we will send vouchers if applicable, tour info, etc.
Please ensure that you receive these before you depart on your safari.
- Cancellation of your booking must be in writing. If your cancellation is made after the due date for full payment, charges will be levied. The scale of charges, expressed as a percentage of the tour price, is as follows:
Less than 60 days – deposits plus 25% // Less than 45 days notice – 100%
Please note: certain properties booked on your behalf may vary from the above and may require a 50% deposit on confirmation. Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no refund can be made.
If you Change Your Booking after your booking has been confirmed or should you wish to alter your arrangements, an administration fee may apply. Please contact us for more details.
- Wild Animals: Please be aware that these safaris may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Neither Africa Bound Safaris, nor their employees nor agents, can be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari. NB: Not all the camps are fenced.
- Passport and Visas: The onus is upon you to ensure that your passports and visas are valid for the countries visited. We cannot be held liable for any visas, etc, not held by our clients. The South African Government requires that you have two completely blank facing pages in your passport on entry, and the passport must be valid for a period of 6 months.
- Health: Anti-malaria precautions should be commenced prior to departure and clients should bring insect repellent as this is not included. Please consult your physician for specific advice.
- Responsibility: Neither Africa Bound Safaris nor any person acting for, through or on behalf of Africa Bound Safaris shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever. In addition, Africa Bound Safaris shall have the right at any time at its discretion to cancel any tour or the remainder thereof or make any alteration in route, accommodation, price or other details.
- Changes to Schedules: Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules, Africa Bound Safaris reserves the right to occasionally change routes and accommodation as dictated by changing conditions.
- Refunds: Whilst Africa Bound Safaris endeavours to ensure all anticipated accommodation is available as planned, there shall be no claim of any nature whatsoever against Africa Bound Safaris for a refund, either in the whole or part, if any accommodation, or excursion is unavailable or a reasonable alternative is not found. If the client is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, no refunds will be due.
- Prices: We will do our utmost to keep to the prices quoted. Should increases by forced on us by, any accommodation, airlines, exchange rates, etc, we reserve the right to surcharge without notice.
- Delays: We cannot be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines, air charter services not running to schedule.
- If one of the guides is unable to take a safari owing to illness, we reserve the right to substitute with another guide.
- This agreement is made subject to and shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the country in which the safaris take place. Africa Bound Safaris acts merely as an agent for the operating companies.
- Guests with special dietary or medical problems are advised to warn us well in advance of their departure. Please also let us know if there is any special occasion to be celebrated on your safari.
- Please ensure that you re-confirm all your flight arrangements.
- Insurance: It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependents and travelling companions, for the duration of their tour. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Africa Bound Safaris will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or guest’s dependents or travelling companions, in regard to, but not limited to, any of the above -mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.
- Guest representation and consent: The person making any booking with Africa Bound Safaris, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability for the total price of all bookings made by him/her. The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, whether the guest has signed the booking form or not. The terms, under which you agree to take these tours, cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorized representative of Africa Bound Safaris.
Payments: In order to maintain favorable prices, we do not to offer credit card facilities and payments can be made via telegraphic transfer.
A superbly executed trip with a phenomenal guide. Africa Bound Safaris is a rare company where a meticulous planner and an extraordinary guide amplify one another’s gifts.